Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentConservation · 5 months ago

Since when do veterinarians get fired and charged with murder, for killing wildlife that poses a danger to people/domestic animals?

I've heard that a veterinarian in another city got canned and is being charged with murder, for killing a litter of raccoons he found in his attic! Why? There's no wildlife sanctuary near enough to him to get the raccoons out alive and without potentially endangering his family and pets. Plus, raccoons are not endangered. Since when does wildlife have more rights to life than a human being or domesticated pets, when they're either potential predators, or known to often carry diseases like rabies, and shouldn't been in suburbs anyhow?

• John P

In most common definitions of 'murder' it involves killing of human beings by human beings. One half of that scenario is missing from the story you relate.

Since never.  And in no place.

You're welcome.

Murder? Really? I wish you'd warned me so I could have put my boots on before reading that. The very worst he could have been charged with is hunting out of season without a license and that charge would not stick when he was doing it in his own home.

As far as being potential predators, what isn't? And many animals can carry rabies. Further, raccoons were in suburbia long before it became suburbia and humans moved into their territory.

I suspect that you've been "had".

Where did you "hear" this? Source?

Okay, where is the one article?

You should discount any further information you get from wherever you heard this crap.