I'm looking for a good mp3 player, what should I get?

Okay, I'm looking into a new mp3 player, but it doesn't need a lot of extra features. I need Bluetooth, music player and the basics, but I don't need an FM radio or an you of that. I like the sansa clip plus, but that's a bit up there in price. I'm not going to spend $170 for something I originally paid $40 for. The problem with the ones that I have is that they don't play albums. I have a series of these called gothic spirits ebm edition, and my current players mix all 7 of them together. Id to be able to listen to each album individually. Is there a model of player that does this?

Okay, quick update: I don't need a lot of features on an mp3 player. All I really need is good playback, good battery life, a micro SD slot, easy usage, and an album separation function. I have 15 albums that are part of a compilation series, and my current player just mashes them all together. I'd like to be able to listen to, for example, volume 6 disk 2 in the series. I can't do that with my current mp3 player.

Apple iPod Touch 32GB Blue MKHV2LL/A

• chorle

I have been pretty happy with my Sansa Clip with bluetooth although I rarely use the bluetooth. I think have the $60 one from Best Buy 

I mainly use my to listen to podcasts I have dragged form  windows. 

I do see you may ask questions on the Best Buy website and I believe also an Amazon dot com has a place to ask questions about specific models 

I am not familiar with creating or using playlists and all that jazz but you can get a generic MP3 player for about 30-50 bucks from Amazon. They support loss-less file formats like WAV, lossless WMA, and FLAC. They seem to be made in the same factory with most having the same basic features but only differences in user interface and some features. Most come with radio, and some with color screens that can play video. Some have the ability to record from a CD or DVD player through the line-in jack. Some have built-in speakers.

You can create your own albums by creating folders or directories and put all the songs in that album. Be sure to rename the songs by adding 01, 02, 03 to the beginning of the names of the songs. Rename Let it be.WAV 01Let it be.WAV, and Get back.WAV 02Get Back.WAV for example.  Then you can create a folder named my album or Let it be or whatever, and copy songs into that album. When you select what you want to play, select folders, and then pick the my album or Let it Be folder, the player will then play the songs in that album only, and alphanumerically from 01, and then play 02 and so on until the whole album is finished. Hope that helps. It takes some work, and you can create many different albums, but it is definitely possible to create albums yourself. There are also "album" features in those players, but the user manual so skimpy that it is no help, so I have not learned how to organize songs using those built-in album features in the players. I simply did what I just wrote to create my own albums with wav files I created from CDs.

I have owned a pile of these. Now, I replaced my iPhone6 2 years ago with an 8+.  No phone service on the 6, but use it as an mp3 and podcast player.  As a career professional classical musician (and big fan of Living Presence, etc. vinyl back in the day . .)  I still am FINE with mp quality for casual listening on the go. Critical listening gets done in our studios with The Good Stuff.  So - you can get an I Phone 6 or up, used, still will accept updates, and will hold a decent amount. Check Amazon.  Do not buy older phones off skeevy sites . . .

Why MP3? 

Why not something better? 

Get a device that stores and plays lossless files (WMA, FLAC, and the like). 

• chorle

If you check the specs may MP3 players will also play WMA