Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 5 months ago

i am in a long distance relationship for 5 months. i love her a lot. she says she will never forget me but it can't work.should i forget her?

she says i can message her whenever i want and she loves me , cares for me etc but long distance won't work and in future it will hurt

Update:

she doesn't want to hurt me in future if i get more serious . but i am already too serious. what to do

31 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Unfortunately, if the relationship can't work, then you need to leave her and move on. If you don't, it will be a long and painful process, where you'll be left with nothing.  She almost definitely will leave you as soon as she will find another guy with whom her relationship can work.

• Jahal
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Quit while you're ahead.  Get on tinder, son..

• 5 months ago

She has put an end to any future romance and the only thing left for you to do is respect her decision. If you cannot handle having your relationship demoted from romance to friends, then you must move on without her.

LONG DISTANCE DOES NOT WORK FOR HER. RESPECT THAT .

YES , you should forget her. People take time to get to know one another and if the dynamics of the relationship do not work, then a break up occurs.Typical of all new relationships that are in the beginning stages...to find out if it is what they want. She found out that a long term relationship does not work.TIME TO LET THAT IDEA GO.

She instagramed you because she wants to remain friends, like she said. Nothing to read into that!

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You do not say how long distance

We were 600miles apart, but eventually both settled in the same town, married and have travelled the world together

Also your age is a factor. Have you ever actually met?

Much to think through

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Mary
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

The best way to see what she really thinks and feels is to suggest to her that you move to where she is and see what her reaction is. If she doesn't encourage it then you know shes not interested. You don't have to be serious about actually moving but it will give you your answer.

• Trish
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Long distance never works so end it now unless one of you is going to move.

• 5 months ago

I know, it hurts like ****, but what you're feeling is totally normal.  Don't struggle to keep her, that will only make things worse.  She did you a kindness by telling you the truth.  Some guys don't even get that - they get ghosted, or find out they've been cheated on.  It's better for you both to agree to be just friends, and still think good thoughts about each other.

Normally, I would suggest breaking off communication completely, or at least taking a 1 month moratorium on communication.  Your case sounds a little different, in that she welcomes communication, at least for now.  I think you should be the limiter on your communication, not her.  You'll feel a little better having at least that control.  Choose something that seems really strict as your limit, like email once a week only, or 5 minutes of messaging two times a week, and stick to it.  The reason for email is so that you don't say something in anger and **** up your whole friendship.  You can proofread what you said, and make sure you didn't say something mean or snide.  She could end up becoming a very good friend, if you work through it (may take months or years).  That happened to me, but over physical mail, back in the day.  We each ultimately married other people, and were happy for each other.

• rick60
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

It wont work out, just keep her, as a friend. We dont know our future?

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

well thank goodness it was only 5 months, hardly a dent in your life. you'll get over it. you barely knew her... and she's smart, she knows long distance never works out

• Kaylee
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Moving on is definitely the right thing and maybe it was for the better. Her expectations for a relationship were obviously not being met , maybe lack of intimacy. Girls love hands on love. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.