Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

What's the point of life?

I don't know what to do with myself anymore. I'm not motivated. Not ambitious. Have no drive to work or be productive in any way. Don't wanna do anything with my life. I feel pointless. Why even try!?? Is how i feel.  When i was younger growing up, had a lot of bad luck in my life. Mother was an addict, father left me back in fourth. I had no friends, i was completely Ignored a lot in school and bullied. Had no one really. Didn't have any girlfriends. No prom. Dropped out of 8th grade, Eventually did home school and got my diploma tho but no social life at all. The only real people in my life was my grandparents. They pretty much raised me. As i grew older, things begin to change for me in a good way.Became very charismatic, not afraid to talk to people.I grew real tall, face become real structured. Turned into a very attractive guy as everyone says. but still feel like my young damaged self. I just keep living in the past. I'm turning 25 today and haven't done anything. My grandmother was very wealthy and she recently passed away and i ended up getting all her money, rental houses, real expensive jewelry and huge amounts of land.. worth millions. I'm pretty much set up financially at at the age of 25 and don't have to work a  crappy slave job thank god but i'm still depressed. Don't know what to do...          

You sound like you have nothing to loose, so why not give God a chance to prove himself to you. Please read the word of God.

Romans 3:23 - “For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.”

Romans 5:8 - “But God demonstrates His love toward us, in that, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

Romans 6:23 - “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Romans 10:9 and 10 - “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”

Romans 10:13 - “For whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”

Romans 11:36 - "For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen."

Jesus truly does Love You and so do I.

Please turn away from your sin because Jesus is coming very soon to take his children with him to Heaven. You do not want be on the earth after that time.

35 “If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will save it. 36 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? 37 Is anything worth more than your soul? 38 If anyone is ashamed of me and my message in these adulterous and sinful days, the Son of Man will be ashamed of that person when he returns in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.”

to be abused by those in power those who pretend they don't have power and are the minority when they are not and then to die

• Jim2

To do what good you can for other people.

It is the moment when a mind latches onto an idea or purpose that an individual finds meaning in their life. This means that it doesn't matter who or where you are or whatever activity you might be doing – if your mind believes it has discovered the meaning of life, then that is the meaning of life for you

It's a pity, dear, that you have such feelings....You can analyze your life now...What do you think about your life, what is wrong?  Have you enough for happiness? What are you missing? May be you need a good friend? Or good medicine to cope with depression?

Money and success don't make us happy...  Even if you are successful enough, you may be confused by uncertainty about the future. Sometimes you feel lonely and oppressed. Death may have taken someone close to you.        A man named Andre had a very close relationship with his father. His father's illness and sudden death had been a terrible blow to him. Andre believes that he will never be able to fill the void left in his soul after a heavy loss.    At least what suffering we have to endure, we need to know the answer to the question: is it possible to have a meaningful life?    We will find the answer by analyzing the example of Jesus Christ — a man who lived on earth about 2000 years ago. Despite all the difficulties that Jesus faced, his life was truly meaningful. We can also achieve this by taking an example from him.    Jesus taught principles that will help us follow his way of life. He spoke about some of them in the well-known sermon on the mount. Let's discuss a few of these principles and how to apply them.PRINCIPLE: "Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need, since the Kingdom of the heavens belongs to them."(Matthew 5:3).HOW APPLYING THIS PRINCIPLE MAKES LIFE MORE MEANINGFUL.Jesus showed that people have an innate need for the spiritual.     So you need for spiritual!!!! When you fill this void, you will find the meaning of life! We strive to know the answers to these questions: what is the meaning of life? Why is there so much suffering on earth? Does God really care about us? Is there life after death? To lead a meaningful life, we need to know the answers to these questions. Jesus knew that there was only one reliable source that answered them: the Word of God. As he prayed to his father, he said: "Your word is truth" (John 17:17). Is the Word of God really able to satisfy our spiritual needs? Yes!If we follow the wise advice of Jesus, we will find happiness and pleasure. However, for our lives to be truly meaningful, we also need to know what the future will bring. After all, how can life be meaningful if there is only old age, disease, and death ahead of us? Unfortunately, this is a sad reality.However, there is good news! Jehovah intends to pour out abundant blessings on all who try to "live as Jesus lived." Jehovah promises that he will soon establish a righteous new world in which his faithful people will live forever and have perfect health, as he intended from the very beginning. His Word says: "  And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” (Revelation 21:4).So if you know more about your Heavenly Father and about wonderful future, which is waiting for you, you will be happy!More information about depression and how to cope with it, you can find in the website jw.org

Source(s): jw.org

Who said there was a point ?

you just have to think positive all the time, no need to ask it, you just wait and see what God has planned for you...

Consider the words of King Solomon found at Ecclesiastes 12:13.

Solomon was in a unique position. He could well comment on how to find happiness and meaning in life. Blessed with extraordinary wisdom, enormous wealth, and kingly authority, he was able to make a careful search of human pursuits, including the quest for riches and prominence. (Ecclesiastes 2:4-9; 4:4) 

Then, under divine inspiration, he summed up his findings, saying: “The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments. For this is the whole obligation of man.” Those words outline the most rewarding and noble human endeavor.

If you want to know more about the meaning of this verse you can read the article that can you find following the link below.

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life (John 14.6) God wants to know you. Stop what you're doing now and invite Him into your life!

You have to follow the word of God.

It will pay off.

• Annonymous1 month agoReport

What if he doesn’t believe in God?