Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

I know someone who is married to just for green card?

This person got married just for green card they are living at my house I’m so sick of their lies! The USCIS building is currently closed. Can they get away with this! Does immigration ask for a lot of proof. They have joint bank accounts and he put her on lease of apartment but she’s spending every night at my place she only wants green card!

Update:

The person has B2 visa for tourism got married two weeks after landing in America. She is already here past 6 months of her visa but uses corona as an excuse and says they have her 5 years to be in America ??

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Call the ICE Hotline & report the fraud, that this person actually lives with you & not with the spouse. You do not need to go to any office.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

If she 'lives' elsewhere she is just a guest, tell her to get out. 

Don't tell her this because she will be less willing to go but she has zero chance of getting a greencard.  Firstly, although you can marry, on a tourist visa, for adjustment of status you need a rock solid story that proves the marriage was unplanned.  She will need to explain why she brought her birth certificate with her on holiday and how she was able to abandon her job and home. 

Secondly, she will be interviewed separately from her new husband with his answers and her answers carefully matched.  Any differences in their answers will be spotted immediately.  So (for example) her explanation of how a non prearranged marriage could have happened at such short notice will have to match his.  Good luck with that.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You already asked about this and this 'question ' is not a question just a repeat of info

• 1 month ago

No, they won't get away with it.  It's much easier to get away with murder; green card marriages are investigated far more thoroughly than murders.  USCIS quizzes them on things that they wouldn't know if they weren't living together, things like the colors of each other's toothbrushes.

• california1 month agoReport

Why 3ncourage apple to murder. Screw you

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.