Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 1 month ago

Would this D.I.Y. amphibious motorcycle actually work?

I found this on google images and I just have to know if this would work or be practical. I know it's been done with quads and A.T.V.s but I have never seen someone do it with a two wheel vehicle. Could this be done to other two vehicles such as a taotao moped? If you have done something like this can you send photos or videos it actually working(floating).

I know you probably wouldn't take it out on the ocean. I'm talking about small lakes or calm rivers. Also could you turn the engine off while on the water?

If it has the exhaust and intake above the water level, has a waterproof fuel tank, and displaces more water than it weighs, it should be practicable. But not practical if the land-based part involves riding with all the flotation devices. Propulsion and steering on water would offer a problem a paddle-tread on the drive wheel might provide enough propulsion but be inefficient.

Basically you have a gasoline powered paddlewheel boat with an extra wheel on the front.  Should work with anything.