Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicOther - Music · 1 month ago

How much does a decent electric guitar cost (for beginners)?

Any recommendations?

You can get a really good one for like $60.

Perhaps you'd like to check a few pawn shops. You didn't say whether you're looking for a new or used guitar. I suggest you don't spend too much for an instrument until you've developed a degree of musicianship and become serious about playing.

New or used and in what currency ?

You should expect to pay at least $200 for a decent beginners' electric guitar plus another $100 for a practice amp and accessories like cable, picks, and a clip-on tuner. All of the major brands (Ibanez, Fender, Epiphone, etc.) have guitars in this price range. Good luck, and don't forget to get lessons.

Source(s): Playing guitar for 58 years

There’s a difference between decent and for beginners.

Fender has this side company, Squier, that makes beginner, but low quality, guitars and basses. I got my first guitar there for $200. Was not a good guitar, but was better than nothing. It’s ideal for those beginning guitar.

My next guitar was an Epiphone Les Paul. Cost me $650 or so. Much better quality, but I needed to take much better care of that guitar than with the Squier. I would not trust a beginner guitar player to try that guitar for a week.

Depends on what’s more important to you: quality or effectiveness.

Guitars are like anything else you buy:  The cheap stuff ain't good and the good stuff ain't cheap.

Beginner guitars can be found for $150 and under, and they're mostly bought by parents of kids going through a temporary rock star phase.  They're cheap, good enough to last for a year or so, and disposable.  Parents buy them expecting the kid to get tired of the process once they realize it takes work to get good at it.

Mid-level guitars are anything in the $300 to 1,000 range, and they're made by almost all the big names.  Those guitars are bought by the kids who got good at playing and want something that will stay in tune longer than 20 minutes.

• Joe

About 200 dollars I paid 200 for my Jackson guitar