Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Why do women think men are rapists?

I think that under the right circumstances, the majority of men will rape a woman. The right circumstances are isolation with the victim, the use of alcohol and/or drugs to subdue the victim and prevent an accurate memory of the rape, a large group of men being isolated with a woman, and similar situations where there are no witnesses, or recording devices like security cameras. 

I have been victimized multiple times in my life and because of this, I have studied rape for the past 20+ years and consider myself knowledgable about this subject matter. I also have a PhD in the Social Sciences and understand the science of research. 

Given the right circumstances, the majority of men are capable of raping a woman.  This answer leaves the subject of prison rape and homosexual rape in the gay community. 

• Alfred

well, I would firmly and humbly say that generalising  -in every possible human/ social  setting is a plague- as are violence itself, racism etc. etc. 

and once we  are clearly here to deny the idea that all men are rapists ... we shall probably ask ourselves whether rapists  are men -in the first place...

being a man and being human  may tragically  have - at times - nothing to do with one another.

Because most female teachers sexually abuse their male students so they justify it by pretending all men are rapists.

• Zirp

because a lot of women were abused sexually.

Some of them aren't aware that it's just a small percentage perpetrating the rapes

Probably because statistically men are more likely than women to commit rape. People tend to generalize when the stats are skewed as profoundly as they are with regards to sex crimes. 

they do not ,,, not all women think that 

Because plenty are.

But of course you're all innocent and many women and children who insist a man raped them are allllll liars

My interpretation of that is that just as men tend to objectify women sexually, so women tend to perceive men as rapists, meaning that for us, every man is a potential rapist, i.e. you have to be on your guard because what many men think is acceptable is in fact not.

• nineteenthly

Jetstorm, I'm describing why I think people believe that.  I'm not advocating for it.  Why do you think some women say that?

Only a tiny minority of women think that. Their argument is that because every man has the "weaponry" to rape, then every man should be considered a potential rapist. Most women recognize that every human being has the potential to commit any crime yet most people will not commit any crime. Most women also realize that the majority of men are good, law abiding citizens. 

• Shadow

Some women (not all) generalise men for being rapists out of a bad experience they had but they don’t think about men who are not rapists because those women expect all men to be the same when in fact, there are different types of men such a gentleman who is not a rapist and who can properly respect the female body.