Will my bank accept my harship?

My Granddaughter and my nephew live with me and usually help me pay the utility bills. They both lost their income and now I have to cover all bills. Is this a hardship that I can add to my morgage hardship application? Or does this not apply because I wasn't the actual person who lost the job?

• TedEx

The bank will tell you to get in touch your utilities. The utilities do have programs  to help those who get into a financial bind

I’m sure it’s a hardship for you. But NO, it’s not something you can claim since they are not your dependents, nor do you have a lease requiring them to pay those bills.

Its ok to ask..............

You'd have to ask the bank, but if you qualified for you loan by yourself, whether or not anyone else in the house has come won't make a difference.  If your granddaughter and nephew are adults who were working full-time, they should be getting unemployment benefits that can contribute to your financial situation. 

Honestly, I wouldn't get into it with the bank, if you didn't personally experience a lose of income.

= blaming it on roommates who help pay the bills, means that if they decide to move out, you are screwed. 

No one here knows.

It is up to the bank.

What have you got to lose by asking?