Will my bank accept my harship?

My Granddaughter and my nephew live with me and usually help me pay the utility bills. They both lost their income and now I have to cover all bills. Is this a hardship that I can add to my morgage hardship application? Or does this not apply because I wasn't the actual person who lost the job?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • TedEx
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The bank will tell you to get in touch your utilities. The utilities do have programs  to help those who get into a financial bind

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I’m sure it’s a hardship for you. But NO, it’s not something you can claim since they are not your dependents, nor do you have a lease requiring them to pay those bills.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Its ok to ask..............

• 1 month ago

You'd have to ask the bank, but if you qualified for you loan by yourself, whether or not anyone else in the house has come won't make a difference.  If your granddaughter and nephew are adults who were working full-time, they should be getting unemployment benefits that can contribute to your financial situation. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Honestly, I wouldn't get into it with the bank, if you didn't personally experience a lose of income.

= blaming it on roommates who help pay the bills, means that if they decide to move out, you are screwed. 

• 1 month ago

No one here knows.

It is up to the bank.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

What have you got to lose by asking?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.