Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

If you’re white, what are your thoughts on what happened to George Floyed?

Are you angry?

• Rick

I'll wait for a trial, thank you ..............................

• William4 weeks agoReport

So what if he was an ex con? He did not deserve to die on the streets of a so called civilised country, killed by the very people that are there to protect and uphold the law.

Looks like he was murdered while he was in custody

As a member of the aryan race, he has the right to take the life of a negro if he wants to.

It's still a mystery why 3 or 4 officers standing around didn't just handcuff the guy and put him in the back seat of the police car. 

I dont know the full story of why this guy was arrested in the first place. its quite outrageous that a man can be killed by a law enforcement officer. Whats worse is the disgraceful opportunism  taken by criminals and others to use the death of this guy to profit from his death.

I am white. These are my thoughts.

1) George Floyd was murdered.

2) Derek Chauvin is a coward and murderer.

3) Racism will always exist. There is no policy that can make it go away.

4) Most police officers are not racist. Black people tend to get into trouble with police because they have a bad attitude.

5) Black people should not be burning hospitals, they should be burning Derek Chauvin alive.

• Jetpacks Was How did you miss it? His boss at his security job says he "always went overboard with black people."  He's got 17 complaints with the police department, most for mistreatment of blacks. He's got a picture of himself on social media with a hat that says "Make White Great Again."

The man who was killed OUT-RANKED the officer that killed him. As do all citizens. Police officers are the hired-help. Nothing more than that. And we have a right to expect more of them. And when they mess up they need to be treated just as we would be if we did like-wise. The officer who pressed his knee against the man's neck needs to be charged with murder. Just as you and I would be. And we must NOT make this about RACE. Would you feel differently if a black officer killed a white citizen this way? It's about justice. It's about what's right and what's wrong.

Yes and I'm angry about so many aspects of that case!

• Shark
      4 weeks agoReport

will he have a monument some day? 

It was grossly unpleasant and I can’t understand why all the other officers didn’t intervene in the situation, the man was clearly in agony and couldn’t breathe properly. Then again I would have found it just as unpleasant whether the guy was black, white, Chinese or Mexican.

When it comes to the rioting and rioters I try to separate the two incidents as George Floyed has become a symbol to the protesters a spark as opposed to the Actual cause. As for the looters. Well if you want to defend them, be my guest 

I also find it a little perplexing, even slightly disturbing to how the media and certain celebrities treated the EDL and it’s speakers compared to BLM movement. How critical they were of one, yet unquestioning over the other. I’m no fan of the EDL so naturally I’m just a little suspicious of BLM 

I remember watching a documentary I forget the channel, but the guy actually spoke to many EDL members post Rotherham and showed them as normal, frustrated and angry people, very similar to many BLM people I’m sure, but that was an exception as opposed to a rule, with most media outlets being indifferent to outright hostile to them. it just seems weird how the media portrays certain groups in a different light over others

I am white but why would I get angry about something that happened a few thousand miles from me.