Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Do you find a sad that some people find the Bible more accurate than a science book?

Update:

Sorry "it" instead of "a" between find and sad.

86 Answers

Relevance
  • Matt
    Lv 5
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

I can certainly see the attraction of religion. The Bible is simple and relatively easy to understand. It is a single book that never changes or gets updated. Religious people can take comfort in knowing that everything they need is contained within the pages of that one book (the same goes for the Quran and other holy books). 

In contrast, science is constantly changing and being updated as we learn more about the world around us. There isn't just one book, but many hundreds, thousands or even millions of books, journals and periodicals to read, absorb and understand, and old theories are often dis-proven and replaced by new ones. Science gets very complicated and technical the more you get into it.

• ...Show all comments
    • Matt
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

I think I must have skipped all the advanced mathematics and complicated equations of the Bible. Can you remind me what verse they are in?

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • If you've been taught since childhood that a certain ancient text is "true", everything you learn subsequent to that, regardless of evidentiary support, can be argued away.

Christian Apologists are intelligent, and have had centuries to forge a belief system.

This is a real flaw in human beings.  The things we "learn" at an impressionable age tend to be believed, regardless of logic or evidence.  It evolved because it is an evolutionary advantage: "don't eat those red berries, children, they are poisonous" is an advantageous thing to believe, on average.  But in this modern age, learning "children --- the Bible is the True Word of God", is disadvantageous.

• Dr. D
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Some people find the Quran more accurate than any science book. 

Some people find the Book of Mormon to be more accurate than any science book. 

Some people prefer to believe that secret societies and conspiracies are controlling our lives. 

Some people believe that space aliens are responsible for the human race. 

In the end I believe that only a small minority of the population believes in science. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Matt
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

Science isn't something you believe in. Science is objective, demonstrable, provable, testable, measurable fact. The device you use to access YA comes as a result of science. Do you think you are accessing the internet via God or the Holy Spirit.

• 1 month ago

The interesting thing about science books and papers is that they are continually being either updated or replaced with "better" science. New discoveries make it essential that the books have new editions or are even replaced. That is how it must be with discoveries about the material universe because we know so little. The Bible, however, is not a science book any more than it is a cookery book. You cannot compare science books with the 66 books that make up the Bible. You have made a category mistake.

"Accuracy" in science is measurable, repeatable experiments to do with matter. "Accuracy" in the Bible is God's communication to humanity as to His dealing with us over the centuries. There is no comparison.

• ...Show all comments
    • David
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

The evidence is clear, Creation is the most rational conclusion and therefore a Creator. Evolution is a fairy tale for humanists and is wholly unsupported by empirical evidence or experience. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Actually, I would find it very sad if someone chooses to believe in Science Books more than the word of God. Science books are written by man, they can't compare to the word of God himself. The Bible even tells us not to trust in men, they are liars. God on the other hand is ALWAYS truthful. In fact, he is incapable of lying. 

“But let God be found true, though every man be found a liar.”—Rom. 3:4.

"Do not put your trust in princes

Nor in a son of man, who cannot bring salvation"  Psalms 146:3

"This is what Jehovah says:

“Cursed is the man who puts his trust in mere humans,

Who relies on human power,

And whose heart turns away from Jehovah." Jeremiah 17:5

"In fact, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. This was so that we would trust, not in ourselves, but in the God+ who raises up the dead." 2 Corinthians 1:9

"...God, who cannot lie..."  Titus 1:2

Source(s): Bible
  • TeeM
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Which science book are you talking about?

The 1950's science books don't agree with the 1960 science books. Which disagree with the 1970's, and so on up today.

And then the science books of today will not agree with the science books of tomorrow.

In the 1860's doctors believed the yellow pus produced from gangrene was the bodies own protective jell.Thus they took this pus from one patient and spread it over another patient's wound to 'speed up' the healing process.

Or when scientist told people, Man will never be able to travel faster than 40 miles an hour, because if we went faster, the air pressure would crush our bodies.

So again:Which science book are you talking about?

• ...Show all comments
    • Matt
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

I love how religious nuts use their smartphones/computers to attack science. Maybe they are accessing wi-fi through the Holy Spirit?

• 1 month ago

Yes completely  sad

Attachment image
    Source(s): Just an ole atheist and very genuine good shepherd his dogs and flock
  • 1 month ago

No Cause God and Science are one, if not for God I'd never regained my walking after a Surgery 2005 and God is real Science is study of man and woman but the Bible is story of the world and true history 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If science books are so perfect why do they bring new editions out yearly to correct the errors? Some are on like the 50th Edition LOL maybe this one will turn out to be right.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The Bible, when subject to accurate and authoritative interpretation, is just as accurate as a science book. However its accuracy pertains to an entirely different realm of reality and truth. Obviously the Bible isn't as accurate as a science book on matters of science, which is irrelevant, since it was never intended to be a science book. Its subject matter is God's plan of salvation for human beings, and on that subject it is absolutely accurate.

• ...Show all comments
    • DP.
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

If you can deploy such advance delusional mental aerobics as to deny physical hard evidence found buried in the rock AND the written testimonial evidence that was recorded in the bible, you clearly have the ability to deny that black is black! 

• 1 month ago

More than sad, I find it frightening.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lynnmarie
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Matt:  Why have you not responded to "Anonymous'" answer (the one with the  picture of the buried upright tree)?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.