emily5
emily5 asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

What kinds of Apples fruits do you like the best??

I like Fuji Apples the best.

Have a good day and take care. Be Good and Good Luck. Good Bye. See You Soon. Stay Safe. 

I agree.  Fujis are the best. 

• Ann

It depends on what you're using the apples for.  Granny Smiths (tart, green ones) are used in pies.  Good eating apples are Honeycrisps or Fujis.  Applesauce is best made with Delicious apples, because they're softer and cook quickly.

I live in a major apple growing area of the US that also happens to have a concentration of foodies and folk who are interested in preserving heirloom varieties of food plants.

Of course we have all the usuals and seasonally have specialty apples.  There’s so much fruit grown in private orchards and even back yards that people often will simply give you the fruit (off all sorts) if you’ll please just come pick it.  I’m always on the lookout for this sort of deal on craigslist...

Braeburns, which are regularly available in my area although someone else here mentioned they have a short season there, were my favorites for years.  I’m also a fan of Fujis - those would both be for raw eating.  For cooking I typically want a tart apple and Granny Smiths which are available year round are my go to, but some of the heirloom varieties I can get here that aren’t available elsewhere are outstanding for cooking, especially if they are free or very inexpensive.  Sometimes when driving the backroads through the farms in my area there will be self serve on your honor fruits and veges available, especially apples.  Big pallet crates of apples with minor blemishes, and I’m talking maybe a spot or something, not a hole or damage, can be purchased for a quarter a pound or even a shopping bag full for a couple of bucks.  Often these apples were picked within hours of my aquiring them and they get cooked down and jarred up quickly to preserve their wonderfulness.

I have to say that right now my favorites are Honeycrisp, which used to be a fairly obscure apple with a short season but they are so popular that many orchards have now been planted with them and Trader Joe’s has has them for very long seasons for at least the last couple years.  In apple season in my area even some of the larger more commercial type stores will have a dozen kinds of apples and the smaller stores may have upwards of 20 types.

VsvavabHshshshsbsg

• patty

at the moment I like granny smith apples, they are sweet and tart and yummy

• denise

Discovery,  Mac reds,  Golden delicious, for eating fresh.

Bramleys or Granny smiths for cooking.

Which fruit/what kind/s of fruit/s do you like? ... would not be something like "I like fruit," but rather, a list, such as: "I like apples, oranges, and bananas. ... of fruit, and "fruit" refers either to one kind ("Which fruit do you like best?

My favorite apples are Braeburns, available only in October. They have the perfect taste and crispness. I wish they were available all year long. 

I used to like Galas, but that was before they changed the taste of them--they used to have a very distinctive "peach" flavor before they became commercially successful. Now they're much blander and less flavorful. 

I like Cortlands for eating and applesauce, but I can only get them for a few short months in the fall.

OMG me too!! I always thought red delicious was the best, as I really don't like an apple unless it is really firm, but since trying a fuji, I now favor them and get them as often as I can. They are seasonal in my area so I really have to watch for them.

• kswck2

Granny Smith. They are sweet And tart.