Sabeshan asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

Is it ok to tell that I have circumcision operation tomorrow in office? I need to apply for a leave?

I need to apply for a leave for circumcision operation. How do I mention in a letter to HR 

17 Answers

Relevance
  • ron h
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

you tell them that you're having a medical procedure done that may keep you away from work for 2 or 3 days.  Or whatever time your doctor has told you. You should have given them notice a few days ago, but there's no need to discuss what's being done.  It's not a secret, but it's really none of their business.  You and your doctor have decided that you should have this done--you don't need questions or advice from anyone at work.  Ask if you need a doctors note or release before you can come back to work. 

• 1 month ago

Cancel unless you really want genital mutilation.  Be aware there is no medical reason for it, or any other good reason. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

I would just put in your letter you have to have an operation on this date but it's personal and us rather not say but if they need to know to tell them to get in touch with your GP but in my opinion, I don't think you should have to explain what operation you are having done all they need to know is if it will affect your job it's up to ur Dr how long you need to be off work that what I

would do hope this helps 

• ron h
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

his doctor will not give any info.  All he has to tell is that it's a medical procedure that the doc says he can return to work in XX days--whatever time the doc says.  He can say, "It's something I need to have done and I expect complete recovery." 

• 1 month ago

1. Yes

2. That is not a question

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Just tell then you are having a minor surgery, if you are embarrassed tell them its a breast implant surgery.

• 1 month ago

"I'm having some minor surgery tomorrow and I need to apply for leave."  If they ask further questions, tell them it's private. You don't need to give HR the details. 

• ron h
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Yes, but hostility is never helpful.  "It's a minor thing and the doctor says I can be back to work in XX days, and honestly, I'm not giving anyone details right now."    You can refuse details without sounding rude. 

• Sam
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Doctor not cutting your pecker off, just removing a little skin. Do it on your lunch break and get your butt back to work after the procedure. 

Source(s): You can take a couple Tylenol (acetaminophen). Or better yet, forget the procedure, keep your foreskin. Just don't be lazy, keep the area clean. As much as you masturbate, it should be no problem keeping clean.
    • ...Show all comments
    • Sam
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

lol, if you think I'm holding onto it, you're crazy.. and if you the HR (human resource) means MD (medical doctor) you are definitely crazy..  Now you let it go. 

• 1 month ago

I'd simply refer to it as a "medical procedure".

• TedEx
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Just tell them you are having a minor surgical procedure. Beyond that it is none of their business

• 1 month ago

You only need to mention that you are having surgery and your dr has advised that you will likely be able to return to work on xyz date. 

There is no need to mention the type of surgery.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.