Can they force me to pay rent if I’m moving out ?

I’m 18. Because of covid I lost my job and school ended fairly well. While my brother who is 17 only has to pay 40$ a month, my parents are wanting me to pay over 200$ a month. That being said, I have a child. That isn’t even 2 yet. And I’m moving out this month. And they told me I still had to pay the months rent. Full. Including groceries. Rent. And phone bill. They are keeping my phone when I move out. So can they force me to pay the full amount if I’m moving this month in the next few days? Maybe a quarter or half of the money They want. But not all. 

How can u move out if u lost your job?and your only 18?! I don’t think u don’t have much saved up.more than likely u won’t get approved to rent another place especially in these unpredicted times. plus it’s super expensive especially you have a child.i rather if u can work out something like a payment plan with your parents to stay.they are your parents.

You are getting off way easy.  Don't be so cheap.  Your brother is a minor - a child and you are an adult with a child.  $200 is unheard of.  Most people pay their parents $500 or $600 or more and you have a child to.  You should be paying more for your child.  If you can't understand how your parents have given up their privacy for you and your child, and taken on a huge liability, then you have a lot of growing up to do.

The big question here is do you have a lease?  If so, read it.  Most require a 30 day written notice and you have to pay through the month you leave, even if you leave sooner.  They can sue you & win.  If you have no lease, they will lose in court.  Keep in mind that $200.00 a month is NOTHING for rent.. that's a great deal.  

You are an adult and you have a child. $200 a month is not excessive, in fact it's a bargain. You'll find that out when you move out.   But they can't keep your phone if you bought it. Since this is your family, you have two choices: you can pay them and move, or not pay them and move. If you don't pay them, they can legally sue you for the unpaid rent. If you want to risk that, don't pay them. They'll have to take you to small claims court to get their money. Or you can pay them, and be done with it. Your choice. 

You're brother is a minor child, and might have a point. You are an adult, and have nothing to argue. Worse, you have a child, so you are paying for two people, not one. Babies & toddlers usually need formula, baby food, etc, which is very expensive, and it appears from this that they are paying all that, not you. You don't have any argument at all. Cough it up. They have no legal obligation to support you since you turned 18, and no liability for your child at all - that's solely on you (& the other parent).

With the phone, when you leave, either change the account to your parents' names, or terminate the account. That way you will not be liable for their bills after you move out.

Yes, they can. The month that you are moving out should be paid in full. Near the end, or at the end of the month is when you would have to move, so you would pay them at the beginning of a month, and then you would leave near the end, or at the end of a month. Does that make sense to you?

If you didn't pay, for your phone then you can't keep it, and this what it seems to me. Just buy another phone with YOUR MONEY, and you pay, for the phone service if this is what you want after you move out. After you move out then you no longer pay, for the phone service that is with the phone that you didn't bring with you.

I don't think you have to pay, for the phone bill, but they can stop you from using the phone since it seems like it's not your phone that you are using.

"They are keeping my phone when I move out." <---- If they bought your phone then your phone does not belong to you. It belongs to them if they bought it.

I suggest you buy enough groceries until you move out, for yourself, and your kid.

Anyway I have my own phone, and I paid, for it. I also pay, for my own phone bill, so wherever I go, so does my phone.

I don't have any kids. I don't have a girlfriend, or wife. I have a college education, and I am self employed. I got my boat license. Lastly I plan on buying my own home.

I am a male by the way.

Negotiate with them.  I'm assuming there is no signed lease or other form of contract.  So rather than pay full amount come back with "I'll pay for the days of the month I stayed here."  

You've left out a lot of information that could have been useful.  Like do you have a signed lease?

Yes. You have to pay this month’s rent since you’re still living there. 

If your possessions are there they can charge you for the entire month.

Unless you gave whatever notice is required, you owe for the full calendar month. (true of normal rentals, and up to your parents if they choose to enforce this for you)