Do any of you give your cat fish as a staple part of their diet?How can I provide variety for my cat's meals?

Right now it's Whiskas Chicken all 3 meals(he's still growing). 

No.  I avoid feeding fish to my cats.  The fish in cat foods is most often salmon or tuna which are fish high on the food chain so loaded with Mercury.

I would also NEVER feed Whiskas.  Why do you?  Such complete CRAP - one of the worst foods you can feed your cat.

Your cats need quality food far more than they need "variety". 

• Laura

After an mergency surgery, my cat refused to eat, and as a last ditch effort my vet recommended a fish based food.  Now she is a bit more picky about her food and likes fish.  I feed her Wellness turkey and salmon, it is turkey based but still has some fish in it so she will eat it.  I mix some other brands of wet food in there too to give her variety, but none of it is fish based. 

• Ocimom

NO Fish of any kind.  Tuna is the worse.  Your cat can end up with UTI issues, yellow fat disease, and become addicted where she/he wont eat better foods.  Best to never give fish.  Stick to canned chicken, beef, turkey, lamb for better food.

• Mrs H

I don't. Just buy a variety of foods and see what he likes best. ☺

I buy the Gourmet  brand tins,  with various flavors in sauce.   My kitty loves licking the sauce. 

She HATES the  Mousse stuff and refuses to touch that. 

The 12 packs come with various flavors that include  chicken, fish, &  meat combo's.  

I don't because a diet high in fish can lead to crystals. Turkey and beef cat food are easy to find. You can also get rabbit, pork, venison and duck cat food. Feel free to feed several different brands too. 

• ?

whiskas has all sorts of animals and fish in their food, so where did u get only chicken? u should give your cat wet food only and dry food as a snack. and I would gladly give my cat all sorts of food but he eats only cat food. he prefers in gel

Ring the changes now and then and se what he thinks about it.  He may welcome a change, he may not, no-one can tell.  Ours like a change sometimes, but not always.  The neighbours tell me that for their cat it has to be exactly the same every time, if they try a change the look she gives them leaves them in no doubt . . .

• sarah

I feed cat felix which contains 6 sachets of fishy food and 6 sachets of meaty dinner . she prefers the meaty food.