Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Where is God in these terrible times?

61 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

He is within me and guiding me through this.  He strengthens me and gives me confidence.  If you do not know the Lord, you cannot help but suffer greatly in these times and worse times are coming.  God is a shield and He covers me when the storm is all around me.  He quiets my spirit and I do not fear, because I receive His peace.  Praise His Holy Name Jesus as His Holy Spirit guides me each day.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Everyone believes there is a god when your relative finally gets  a job.

Everyone believes there is a god when that project comes in on time and on budget.

Everyone believes there is a god when the girlfriend hits a $ scratch off lotto ticket and pays off the last 4 payments of your truck.

We search for god when protests destroy  entire blocks in commercial areas in multiple cities easily taking 6-8 months to rebuild and that's with insurance.

We search for god when a hardworking,happy, loved family member dies from heart problems right after turning 60.

On a lighter note,

God is busy getting a GAZILLION people home in their cars from long shifts at work.

God is busy gently nudging so that your girlfriend gets her dream job after graduation...and it's only 250 miles away.

God is busy keeping countless planes trains and boats from having accidents in crowded skies and waterways.

God is everywhere....we've just had the luxury of boredom and consistency for too long.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

God is reaching down towards your heart with Noodly Appendages, but you refuse to accept the One True God.  RAmen!

• Holy Marinara, Mother of Pasta, the Lord is with Cheese.

• Dr. D
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

God is telling us that we have everything we need to get through these times. 

When we respond to pain and suffering with grace and goodness then we bring something to heaven that it cannot provide itself. 

• No proof that nothing at all exists out there has been provided.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Right now He's looking at everyone to see who is on HIS side.

• 1 month ago

You ask for evidence that God is at work in these terrible times - not His location. You may doubt that He even exists due to your expectations (that He intervene) not being realized. Well, why should God take action to help humanity every time terrible things happen? Humanity has largely rejected God, preferring to go their own way. Others seem to think that by being religious, God owes them a favour or two, and should do what they ask of Him in prayer. 

Yet others know that God is with them, and He gives strength to endure whatever they may have to go through; that He gives peace even when all around is chaos; that the hope He gives endures all outward circumstances that seem hopeless. If you do not know God that way, you are not going to be able to see Him at work. Once you come to God in faith, the way He ordains, you will discover His amazing work amongst the children of men, despite our sin and ignorance. You are looking in the wrong places. Turn to God's word, the Bible, and learn through Jesus the way to God the Father - read John chapter 14.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Look within and keep fighting the good fight and good luck to you. 

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

He is everywhere, just as He is at all other times. We live in a natural universe, on a natural planet with natural laws. Why would you expect God to cancel the laws of nature whenever humans are going to be hurt?

• ...Show all comments
    • soloforus1 month agoReport

NO, HE IS "EVERYTHING". GOD DOESN'T "HURT" HUMANS, HUMANS HURT THEMSELVES. PEOPLE! STOP ASKING GOD FOR THE ANSWERS AND START TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTS. 

• 1 month ago

Our Father God has promised to never abandon those who love, trust and obey him. De 31:6; Ps 9:10

Jesus Christ, first born of all creation, as the Messiah and now King of his Father's Kingdom, has promised those who obey him and his Father, that he will be with them until the conclusion of this system of things. Matthew 28:20

So, during these difficult times we will feel the heat of the situation. We may feel lonely and uncertain but if our trust is in God the Father, Jehovah  and in his Loyal One, the Faithful Witness, Christ Jesus we are never alone.The locating and reading of the scriptures is within your hands to accomplish. If you desire answers to your question please consider using www.JW.org where you can follow a Bible Study on your own or Request a Bible Study. 

Hope this helps.

• God is a sadist! You shouldn’t believe him. 

• ...Show all comments
    • John
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

The Darrener: Science tells us that you can't get something from nothing. Therefore, science supports the existence of a creator. Science does not however, support the existence of an afterlife. There is no afterlife.

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

He’s right here with everybody that’s in relationship with Jesus.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.