I gave the wrong bank acct # to the irs.  So... I amended it.  So... now I have to wait up to 5 months to receive the payment.  arrgh!?

 I tried calling the irs.  they shut me out.  wtf can I do?  (I know im an idiot!!!

3 Answers

  • 4 months ago
    Favourite answer

    You have two options:

    Option 1)  Wait

    Option 2)  There is no Option 2.  Please refer to Option 1.

  • 4 months ago

    If you sent the updated information to the IRS before they processed your payment, you should have received the payment as soon as if they had the proper information all along. If you submitted the correction after they processed the payment, the sent the payment to the original account. If that account actually exists, that is the ONLY payment you will ever see. If it doesn't exist, you are at the END of the line for a paper check.

  • 4 months ago

    Once the DD is rejected from the original return, a paper check will be issued.  The amended return is processed separately. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.