Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

ocd help ?

My ocd has got so bad i can't touch anything without washing my hands i hate people touching me hugging me standing near me when i got for a walk or run or anything where i walk past people i have formed spitting because i feel like their bacteria is in my mouth so iv'e stoped going outside as much. I hardly shower because i live with my dad and he has touched everything so it takes me an hour too clean everything then in the shower im constanley repeating things in the rituals and cant touch anything because nothing feels clean i dont use a towel because my da uses them. Its a nightmare using the washing machine i have to repeat things without an intrusive thought entering otherwise i have to start again after utting in one item at a time then when it comes to hanging to clothes out i have to wash the line or washing rack which takes an hour which is th same connately repating. I open everything with my elbow and eating has become so hard because my dad eats of those plates or if i where to go somewhere else i cant eat it or drink it i have to wash the plate even if its been cleaned by me i have to do it before multiple times then put food on i cant use cutlery its got to the point where i'm standing there cleaning the fork for an hour just t eat my food so i just eat with my hands because it is so stressful i freeze my hole body freeze. What am i suppose to do...  the doctors keep trying meds and none are working 

You say you've been taking medicine, but you don't say anything about therapy. 

Some therapists have begun working on the phone. You can call your doctor and ask about this.

Legally, a therapist can work over the phone with anybody in the same state. Some insurance companies cover phone therapy. You can use the Psychology Today Find a Therapist feature to get a list of therapists in your state, find out who’s working by phone, and what kinds of problems they specialize in.

“HOW TO SEEK THERAPY”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDoaQIQZU1k

Youtube thumbnail

&list=PLbpi6ZahtOH7AIwIDDHCxx4SIApFQbc6R

Maybe you'll find something useful here. It's an answer to a question from someone who was complaining of a fear of germs. He rated it Best, 5 Stars.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20190...