Smallpox & Spanish Flu?

Do people still get smallpox or spanish flu?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Spanish Flu no but smallpox they can

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Smallpox is the only human disease that has been successfully eradicated.

The Spanish flu, also known as the 1918 flu pandemic, was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic caused by the H1N1 influenza A virus. Lasting about 15 months from spring 1918 (northern hemisphere) to early summer 1919, it infected 500 million people – about a third of the world's population at the time. The death toll is estimated to have been anywhere from 17 million to 50 million, and possibly as high as 100 million, making it one of the deadliest pandemics in human history.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Smallpox was eradicated via vaccine.

Spanish flu died out after killing off 50 million people.

• Robert
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Smallpox was eradicated in this country years ago.  When we became lax on our control of invading criminal aliens it came back to an extent.  I don't know about Spanish Flu.  

• ...Show all comments
    • Robert
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

You are correct. I apologize.  I was thinking Pertussis, whooping cough and ended up typing small pox. (I am embarrassed and  feel like Joe Biden without meds)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Tulip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Small pox has been eradicated but Spanish flu has not

• 1 month ago

yeah i came down with the smallpox last winter. had to find leeches to remove the smallpoxes from within my blood

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.