Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 1 month ago

Why haven’t I been rewarded for getting straight A grades in HS, every cheerleader rejected me for a date?

Last year was my junior year and last October I asked out every one of the cheerleaders and they all rejected me, I was hoping maybe one of them would say yes.

I have gotten all A grades in my classes and have a perfect GPA and am on track to be valedictorian. Why haven’t I been rewarded with the right to have a pretty cheerleader be my date to the homecoming dance last year?

They pretty much avoided me after I asked them out and stuff, l tried to track them down and find where they would be so I could ask them out

Why the heck wouldn’t someone with a perfect GPA be accorded the honor of a date with one of the prettiest girls in school?

Why do they treat future valedictorian like this?

You need to listen to yourself. You seem to think that having a perfect GPA somehow means you're entitled to tell other people what to do, including the cheerleaders. In other words, you're acting like a self entitled JERK and a spoiled brat- hardly the kind of person that any of the girls would want to go to a prom with. No wonder they rejected you. I'd have done the same, in their shoes. I'm sure they didn't appreciate your attempting to track them down, either. They have and had a right to say no to you.

It doesn't matter if you're going to be valedictorian or NOT. If you act like a jerk and a spoiled brat, you're going to get treated as one. Act like an adult who's interested in something other than himself, and you'll be more likely to get the kind of attention and respect that you want.

My best friend was valedictorian of his class 1982 and didn’t have one date in high school.  He went to Harvard on a full scholarship, graduated in three years summa *** laude with a degree in what was then a really weird degree, Computer Information Science.  He went to California and went to work for a little company called Sun Micro Systems and later became it’s CFO.  Not sure exactly when but back in the mid 90’s his net worth was some where around 100 million dollars.  He doesn’t have any problems dating women now.  In fact he’s 56 y/o and I believe he’s dating a model that’s about half that age.  

Delayed gratification my boy.