Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Why is polygamy illegal for women? Who are you to deny 100 women from marrying Brad Pitt? Where all the good women?

I am getting older unfortunately as are my parents. In my fantasy I want to be able to take my kids to the zoo etc with my parents while they are still around and healthy I don’t think to happen.

I am pretty well built but have been drinking too much since shutdown and have a beer gut now. Also I don’t have anywhere near the money Of these stars if the time to workout and be shallow. My can’t 100 women marry these stars?

• Stella

Yes you are correct.

You have been drinking too much.

Maybe cut back.

Turns out that in the western world polygamy is illegal for men too. But if you're having trouble finding a female partner that would only be harder if Brad Pitt, or any other guy, could legally marry a whole haram. Seems the one man is entitled to only one women metric would work in your favor (unless you really want to compete with Brad Pitt for all the women). 

• Zirp

Polygamy is illegal because those advocating polygyny aren't mature enough to also allow polyandry

and because it would make legal issues such as inheritances quite complex