Liability for oil slick ?

Hi there I live in Mesa Arizona and I have a question I was riding home on my Harley and about to turn the corner at a stop light making a right turn and as I made the turn I hit a massive oil slick going down the road and around the corner and laid my bike down pretty hard me and my motorcycle are fine I have a few cuts scratches and bumps but I’m alive and my bike is scratched and scraped to hell now and my bars bent inward along with it making a funky sound now but I followed the oil slick all the way up the road to a truck that is in my apartment complex you can tell because he reverse parked and so did the oil but here’s the question I have plate numbers make and model of that vehicle is there anything I can do about it I also have video of the entire oil slick traveling straight up the major street of university 

It won't fix the bike.  He is "Littering" or creating a hazard on the road so there are some people that get choked up about that(maybe the police?)maybe the EPA.?, maybe Department of Highways may clean up the roads.  I don't think you are going to have much luck elsewhere.

Actually those oil trucks are like sewage trucks so be glad it was not schit you were sliding in. Also vehicles(pickup trucks that dump their paint as that is slippery too while wet).  I missed riding the day a TABLESAW fell off the back of a truck and into the intersection...any bike or small or medium size car would hit that like "Aw ***** me" What the hell? Definitely not cool.I did the same thing and even though I hit the oil dead on, the bike slipped out from under me (it was a car loosing all their oil (even 1 quart is a lot of oil)   I just finished Painting the bike, so I was superbly ticked.Made me appreciate 4 wheels over 2. Also think the same during stormy weather.

• Fred

Talk to your insurance agent.. and listen to him!

They have ways of making things happen!  If he doesn't readily offer any.. it's not your day!

• M.

Talk to your city prosecuting attorney.

Get an immediate written estimate for damage repair.  2 or 3 would be better.

• Scott

Unfortunately, that's the risk you take riding on public roads. 

• adam

call a lawyer, The consoltation is always free dude. 

You will also need to demonstrate that there was no oil slick before the truck passed – it might only have contributed.

• Erik

You could take him to small claims court.  The next step is to take it to a mechanic and get a detailed report of exactly what is wrong with it (explain the situation to him, because he might have to testify in court).  If you have pictures of oil leaking out into the street, you have strong evidence.  Go to the police because you will need his name and number to get him served (unless you can get it just by observing him).

You could try for a claim against his insurance.  You could sue him.

The problem is that you say that you and bike are fine.  There is nothing to claim or sue for.  No loss.  

You may have a difficult proving that you actually laid the bike down (no police accident report) 

Talk to a lawyer, but I believe that it will be difficult to prove, and that if you do win, there will be nothing to collect.

• The Devil

The bike is damaged and the rider suffered cuts and bruises.

File a report to the police and see a lawyer.  Call your insurance company.