Bad apartment manager ?

My apartment ac is bad, temperature can’t go down even I put really low degree. It’s not blowing cold air when I can feel the air from vent. I called and they been saying ac it’s brand new. I should do something to cover the window shades gives time to let it cool down. It not about this.  Ac never be cold once I turn on 70 below. Running all the time and not cool off the room. What should I do. 

The old manager lady talked over the phone kinda rude and have attitude sounds all it’s my fault to not flowing what she’s been told me to do. Getting tired of speaking with her. What should I do.  

Contact the owners directly. 

Your manager is playing the "run around" game that bad managers play.

Call the main office and state:

"I understand my a/c unit is new, but it is obviously defective. Please arrange to make an appointment with maintenance to inspect the a/c in my apartment. When can I expect maintenance to arrive?"

If you get no satisfaction, ask for their supervisor.

You may want to ask some of your neighbors if their a/c is working. If they are also having issues, you all would benefit to call every day and complain.

Trust me, if that happens, the a/c will be fixed just to stop all the calls.

Hold a thermometer up near the AC unit and take its temperature when it's supposed to be working. Then take a picture and give THIS to your landlady. It will prove you have the AC on and that it isn't operating properly. 

Call them again.  It's obviously not working.

leave the frige door open, that should cool it off a little.

call every day.  ask them to use IR thermometer to get instant read on temperature at the outlets in your apartment. when that shows not much cooling, they will know they have something to investigate. Problem may be that unit for your apartment needs cleaning -- or problem may be worse [leaking ducts?].  {you did not say what kind of a/c system this is .. window unit? single apartment [residential standard] unit?  multi-unit central system?}

• Barry

Place a thermometer in the room and invite your apt. manager to visit.