Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Question for Christians?

whats the difference between Demons and Fallen angels?? 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

There is none.  They are one and the same.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Demons are those who rebelled with Satan against God. They are also called devils. They follow Satan.

Fallen angels are those angels that disobeyed God and left their " first estate, their own habitation" which is Heaven.

Jude 1:6 “And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.”

2 Peter 2:4 “For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;”

• 1 month ago

Based on the following passages, it appears they are the same thing.

Matthew 25:41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

2Pe 2:4  For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment; 

Romans 8:38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,

• User
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Traditionally in Christianity

all fallen angels are demons in the service of Satan.

I.e. there is no difference.

In recent (last 50 years), popular media

fallen angels have taken on a different character

that of independent agents, serving neither God nor Satan.

In my experience

in such media

inevitably the fallen angel has sex with a human "main character" in the story.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

A fallen Angel is an angel that has been cast out of heaven.  Demons are the followers, the spirits of those Angels.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Christers are too dumb to differentiate between the two 

so they just lump them all into the same category. 

• 1 month ago

SAME THING.............

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Same thing. KJV scripture calls them devils. The word demon does not appear there. 

Matthew 8:28 KJV — And when Jesus was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.