Do you find it fishy that lawyers send their pupillage to do pro bono work?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No.  Part of my admission to the Bar is my agreement to do a certain number of pro bono hours every year.

Incidentally, lawyers don't have pupillage.  You are - again - confusing Law Professors and Lawyers.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No. Most major firms do a lot of pro bono to burnish their community relations efforts. I'd rather newbie lawyers work with poor people first before they start taking on seven figure clients. It probably grounds them a bit before they begin their defenses of paying clients who think they can get away with anything. 

• 1 month ago

That's pretty much the way every service based company in the world works. No company generally puts their best  (most profitable) people on freebie jobs. That would be an unrealistic expectation for a freebie client.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, EVERY industry uses qualifying and newly qualified staff, to learn the industry they work in and they all have to report all their work/decisionswhich are checked and they are advised ............. otherwise you would have new qualified staff straight out of education with zero experience/knowledge of real work

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No. That's one way that young lawyers gain experience. Nothing fishy about it.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, they have to learn and they would report back to the Lawyer.

• Rick1 month agoReport

Oh ok, thanks for your answer. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.