Is god a human?

He's vengeful, wrathful, jealous, loving and seems to have quite the ego should you read any of the literature pertaining to it. That's a bit insulting if you ask me. If he created everything, then he would have no use for our human emotions. A being that powerful transcends these emotional ties. He wouldn't interfere in our lives either for who are we to be so deserving, that the creator of all things should take the side of one over the other? Sounds like ego of a human to be so entitled. And if god which is masculine is a male, then logically there must be a female counterpart. And he and she would have parents. It only makes sense that god is asexual then and wouldn't identify itself with a sex. Only then could a being be infinite with no one to answer to. To be judge, jury and executioner. This is my own personal theory I suppose, should I entertain the idea that this entire existence is a creation. My point is that if we are to use the current philosophy of Jews, Muslims, Christians and many of the other religions, "god" is clearly man-made for the benefit of man. I've long believed it to be a figment of our imagination. An explanation for things our brains won't allow us to accept as is. Our intelligence makes us question and when the questions can't be answered it makes us uncomfortable. 

• Ralph

The fact of the matter: God is both human and spirit, but people think they are smarter than God, just like you, putting a small G in the name of God, that is why you have not had a blessing from God, it is because you think your smarter than God, God created us for the glory of God to show mankind how powerful God is, when you read the bible all throughout the bible God is showing how God is showing how powerful he is by creating the heaven and the earth by speaking, turning water into wine, healing the sick, making the dead come to life, they are all pictures of how powerful God The Lord Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior is, God does not have a mate, there is God The Father, the son Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior, God The Holy Ghost. One God, Three Persons in the Godhead bodily read Genesis 1:26, read John 14:26, read John 15:26, read Colossians 1:19, read Colossians 2:9, read 1 John 5:7, read 1 John 5:8

Source(s): King James holy bible
    • Jamie1 month agoReport

No I'm not going to read your indoctrination messages. That's the problem. You've been told to believe in "god" and told how to interpret it and never encouraged to use your own mind to understand what you've been told.

YHVH GOD IS NOT A MAN THAT HE SHOULD LIE NEITHER THE SON OF MAN THAT HE SHOULD REPENT, HAS HE NOT SAID AND WILL HE NOT DO IT. OR HAS HE SPOKEN AND SHALL HE NOT MAKE IT GOOD. NUMB 23:19 

YHVH GOD HAS BLESSED AND U CANNOT REVERSE IT.

• Jamie1 month agoReport

This is blind acceptance. At the core of Judaism, a believer is not given the luxury of questioning their creator, yet rabbi continue to interpret his law as society moves forward. I bet you don't sacrifice doves or lambs when you sin. 

• ?

in latter day saint theology God the Father and Jesus are both resurrected and exalted personages. so its assumed that our heavenly Father formed man in Him image and likeness and form and therefore does have a working penis. Jesus as a man became exalted and was exalted, but the difference is, He never sinned. therefore He is not like a man that should lie, but was indeed born of a human mother and became a resurrected man. it would be assumed that if God was a man and then became a God, that he also did not sin. either that or the hindu teaching that says that God is self created He became a God and is always righteous and holy.

In the following picture is showed the god as imortal rational animal:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Porphy...

Very good question!

Way back when, I took a course in comparative religions, and this was one of the topics. 

The concept is quite tricky, but it is best defined by Maimonedes, a renowned astronomer, physician and philosopher of the 12th century. 

In his work Guide for the Perplexed, he maintains that all of the human terms we use to describe God stem from the fact that we have no way of comprehending the truth about God, so we humans put everything in terms that we understand. All of God's actual emotions are beyounf our understanding..

• No. According to Maimonides' opinion, God exists in a realm beyond our comprehension. The only terms that we use to describe God are those that help us describe God. We do not have the proper terminology in human languages

Isa 55:8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,

neither are your ways my ways,”

declares the Lord.

9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,

so are my ways higher than your ways

and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Just because God is different from the way you think he should be doesn't mean he doesn't exist.  Some of the laws of Texas are different from what I think they should be, but that doesn't mean Texas does not exist.

• Your comparison of a criminal to the Creator of the Universe is amazing.  Granted no analogy is perfect, but that one wasn't even close.  Yes, we hit a wall when it comes to God.  There is simply no way the finite will comprehend the infinite.  It takes just a little bit of humility to admit that.

• thesun

God is allegedly perfect and therefore perfectly happy and comfortable with everything..If he is vengeful, wrathful and jealous then he lacks happiness, therefore he is not perfect and therefore not god...

• Jamie1 month agoReport

So then a perfect "god" wouldn't have any emotion. Even happiness & the idea of what's good and what isn't wouldn't exist