Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Is it normal for me to HATE humans this much?

I truely hate humans in general due to my own personal reasons. And based off the way theyve mistreated me my whole life. I think my reasons for me to hate them are justified. Maybe I'm a bit too extreme about it. But I truly hate them they're the ones who caused me great pain, anger, and suffering all my life.  Sometimes I wish they would all die. Especially every one who's wronged me and fcvked with me

It's normal to hate those who've personally done you wrong. It's abnormal to extrapolate from that that every other human being on Earth is a terrible person. 

First off, I just wanted to start this by saying that I'm very sorry for whatever circumstances you were or are currently in to make you feel this way. Feeling anger towards people who have wronged you is a natural reaction to trauma, even sometimes to the point of wishing they would drop dead. It's also normal to feel bitter towards society for letting this happen, though I wouldn't go so far as to say that wishing everyone on Earth would die but everyone has different reactions to trauma. However, just because I said it's normal doesn't mean that it's not a problem that needs to be fixed with counseling. I don't want to bore you with my life story but I was diagnosed with PTSD a few years back and, before I seeked in professional help, I had a white-hot anger that felt like it could rip itself out of my chest almost every day. It was so exhausting and it ate away at my soul and ruined many relationships. I still go to counseling and sometimes I still feel a bit of that anger but I've improved an exponential amount and I no longer have to carry that weight around with me constantly. I hate to say "it gets better" because I know how annoying I sound, but if you really put years of hard work into it, things really can improve for you. You may never fully recover, I know that I won't, but at least you can live your life. I like to think of the fact I hardly think of the people who hurt me anymore as a form of me spiting them. They don't have so much control over my life anymore. I hope the same for you and that you can one day find some form of peace. If not for any loved ones, please do it for yourself. You won't regret it.

• Tina

It's not normal to hate all humans because of what happened to you. And it doesn't mean that you have to carry that pain and suffering for the rest of your life. You need to put that part of your life in the past because that is where it belongs. You will never have a chance to be a survivor if you hold on to everything that was done to you. Do you really want to be a victim for the rest of your life? Get professional help if you're having a hard time letting go of what they did to you. You are only giving the ones that hurt you to have control and power over you. Is that what you want? If you really want to stop them from having that power over you then get the help that you need. Getting the help that you need is the only way that you can turn your life around and it's the only way that you will be able to move on.