Is the division between conservatives and liberals really a thing?

i mean, all of us have issues we are conservative on and issues we are liberal on, and no, I am not just talking about "major" issues like abortion, guns or immigration... as an example, I am conservative when it comes to cars and but liberal when it comes to food and video games.

*I am conservative when it comes to cars and art

• david

The division is pure BS mainly exploited by Republicans.  They have chosen a few major issues .. abortion, taxes, gay rights, voter rights, guns ... and they use these as a 'litmus test'.  Republicans ignore other issues .. concentrating on these 'hot button' issues.  Other issues like food do not cause people to get 'hot' .. excited and will not cause people to bote for them.

• Linus1 month agoReport

I agree, except that I wouldn't blame only the Republicans

• RockIt

Well, those things aren't really political things (except the energy discussion fueling cars and the occasional power freak comes along shoving diets down kids throats mostly landing in the garbage).  

So, thank god politics isn't in cars and food and video games.  It won't be long before our politics say you can't shoot the likeness of any living thing in a video game.