Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 1 month ago

Taxes Return Under Review?

Hello,

Back on February 10th, i received a form in the mail from the IRS stating my taxes were under review. They wanted basic information on whether i could claim several credits (child/school/head of household). I submitted that information and was received by the IRS on February 29th.

I understand there is a pandemic going on, but i wanted to know if anyone else hasn't received any feedback from the IRS regarding being reviewed? I couldn't find anything on there website claiming they put these reviews on hold. I called the number on the paper they sent me and when i get somebody, they transfer or put me on hold and never come back.

Its been beyond 90 days with no word, not even when i put my info into the 'wheres my refund' site. Just the normal your taxes are under review, you will have 30 days to blah blah blah.

All the humans were sent home and your reply is backed up in the system.

• John

I'm afraid you may be waiting a long time, and this situation is affecting many others as well..  Understaffed for several decades, the IRS' ability to function has been crippled this year by health precautions, and extra work piled on for stimulus payments.  

The IRS shut down for two months and even now only 20% of employees are back in campus.