Almira asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Male Dogs Humping?

So I've bought 2 male puppies yesterday for a good 1k. And since I've got them, the little one has been humping the other bigger puppy. I need to know how to stop this, it's making me nervous.

If they have never been together (litter brothers?) then this is totally about dominance (even if they are litter brothers this can happen) and if you have two dominant puppies, you have trouble ahead.  It's a big mistake to buy two puppies at the same time, unless you are experienced which it sounds as if you are not or you'd know how to stop what's going on.   It usually happens when they get over-excited which if they are puppies will be difficult to avoid.  When this starts, unless you want a fight to break out eventually, gently tell the humper to 'knock it off' - divert his attention to something else, and if they have been fully vaccinated, get them out for more exercise. 

I honestly think you'd do far better to take one of them straight back to where he came from, concentrate on getting the one puppy trained and into a good routine, and if it's all gone to plan, in another year, think about taking on a second.

A good $1,000 as opposed to a bad $1,000?

It's dominance.  Your question is making me nervous.

It's a dominance thing. My female dog humps my male dog. I asked a vet and they said it's a form of asserting dominance. Your dog might also be gay, animals can be gay too.