Will a COVID-19 vaccine never happen?

Will there never be a COVID-19 vaccine, and are we going to live this way forever? Are they still working for a vaccine for COVID-19, or have they given up? Will life be back to normal later this year, or next year in 2021? I worry! Will that vaccine that I ask about everyday never happen?

Universities and pharmaceutical companies around the world are working on vaccines with some being tested on human volunteers. If the initial estimates of eighteen months for a vaccine to be ready for public use were realistic that leaves fifteen months. More optimistic estimates are by the end of the year. Presumably once the people at risk of severe symptoms have been vaccinated life will become a lot more like normal.

Yes of course there will be, there are people all over the world working on it. Its a shame that they haven't yet found a vaccine for trolling as well.

Eventually there will be a vaccine, but even if there is one, that isn't the end of the story. With any vaccine for any disease, there needs to be studies done to see what the outcome is of using it. Generally, if the study is done correctly, it should be monitored for at least 3 years to see what the results are and if the vaccine actually is doing what it was created for. As for life getting back to normal, I really don't see that happening any time soon, but who knows? Hopefully I am wrong.

• gerald

Ben it's a virus and unpredictable it can change itself so we can fight and beat it but it can come back with different tactics and if you are not ready it could catch you out even worse , the French had a huge fortress line facing Germany , the Germans went around it and completely outflanked the French army  in 7 weeks France fell that is us where will the **** come from next 

• y

You ask everyday?  I wasn't aware of that, thank you for sharing, life will never go back to normal.