bumble bee asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

My pup just swallowed a light rubber glove about 15 min ago what should i do?

I hope by now you have been to your vet - before the glove works it's way through the digestive system and gets stuck - blocking up his system.  Your pup may well need surgery.

• Ocimom

Call your vet and get him to an emergency vet now.

Take the dog to a vet immediately.....is what MUST be done. Or it is very likely to die... Even if it means an emergency vet because this is exactly what this problem is... An emergency situation for your dog....... Good Luck !

It can be pulled from the stomach a lot easier than the intestines. Time is not your friend.  You must go to an emergency vet service NOW!!!

• PR

I would call the vet on this one. No one knows the size of your pup, nor anything else. This is a question for the vet.

Our dog once swallowed a rabbit's food key chain, whole, and we called the vet for directions.

If he hasnt choked, I would suggest taking him to the vet, just to be safe because the glove could have been toxic.

• Maxi

Phone your vet and get the pup down to see them asap

Get him to a vet immediately. Don't expect to get something from Yahoo Answers; there are no qualified experts here.

A rubber glove may go right through the dogs system but it also could cause blockage in the intestines.  I suggest you consult with your Vet & what he/she says needs to be done.  Call your Vet.  No Vets on this site.  50/50 it could pass or block, talk to your Vet.

• *****

Contact your vet. I'd guess a rubber glove would cause a problem for most dogs, depending on the size of the dog and size of the glove, and it's likely to be much cheaper (and definitely is easier on the dog) to retrieve it with a scope from the stomach right after it is eaten than to have to have it surgically retrieved after it's caused an intestinal obstruction.