Was I wring to ask for a partial refund on my mechanic service?

I took my car to get diagnosed and my car needed some fixing with air filter and air conditioner. I picked it up yesterday and upon driving it they must've messed with some wires in my dashboard because my radio, aux and clock won't work and says it needs an entry code. It was working prior to me taking it in.

I called the mechanic and informed them that I am going to need to bring it back in so they can fix whatever they did to it and I asked for a partial refund since I have to 1) bring it back and coordinate getting someone to drop me off, and pick me off and 2) It's time out of my day and they didn't check it completely to make sure it was fixed, Not unreasonable right?

The guy then went on to accuse me that in his "40" years of being a mechanic no one has ever asked for a parital refund and was like "I get your upset, but I didn't do anything wrong on purpose."

Instead of saying absolutely so sorry to inconvenience you that you have to bring it back, we will refund you partially and make it right on their mistake. He made me feel like a total b*** and acted like I was accusing him of screwing up my car. I never did, I just informed him that something isn't working in the dash, I'd like it fixed since it was their error and since the service has inconvenienced me and I'm going to have to go all the way back I'd like to be refunded. Seems fair, no?

When the battery was removed your radio thought it was stolen and there should be a code to reboot it somewhere.  My old Volvo was this way and the code was in the handbook I received when I bought the car. 

Allow me to explain what happened and why you aren't due a refund. When the battery is disconnected to perform service, the electronics lose power, which then requires a code be input to regain access. It is a theft-deterrence measure built into the car by the manufacturer and is in no way the fault of the mechanic.

If you purchased the car used, take it to a dealer and ask them to input the code. It's a simple thing, so they might even do it for free (but don't ask for free service). Just accept it if they offer.

Likely the dash lost power at some point.  The code is probably in the owner's manual.  Just enter it and problem solved.  You get no money back.  

YOU are 100% responsible for not knowing the security code for the radio before leaving it for diagnosis where the battery my be disconnected. The shop did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong.

Note: As soon as they see the message requesting the code, they SHOULD tell you what I just did. In any case, they CAN'T unlock the radio. If the could, the anti-theft feature activated when by the power loss would be USELESS.