Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

What do you think is the right age of consent?

I think 18 is about right (even though the human brain isn't really capable of informed consent until around 25). It's hard to argue that someone legally able to vote and/or die for his/her country can't also have sex. 

Any age 16 or older who can pay their own bills.

--  I believe the "Age of Consent" can vary depending on the country, culture, traditions and main religion.

--  In most "Western and European" countries I believe 16 is an appropriate age for both sexes and that 18 is a good minimum age for marriage.

--  I realize that cultural and moral views change over the years. Even 50 years ago it was legal for 13 year olds to be married in the US and over 100 years ago it was as young as 11. Similarly in Britain, Australia and other countries.

--  Most Asian countries have raised the age of consent to 15-16 and marriage to a minimum of 16-18. Even many African countries have raised both ages although the local tribes often violate the national law.

--  Most Middle Eastern (Muslim) nations have lower ages with two having no minimum age of consent or marriage, so long as the girl is married.

16.  I am not one to agree with the foresight of government, but this is one thing I think they got right.

21.