Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 month ago

Covid masks?

Are there any masks that sit snuggly on the side of the face but are not snug across the nose and mouth? I need a mask that doesn’t touch my face

11 Answers

Relevance
  • M
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Believe me, I find masks just as annoying and unpleasant as the next person, and I have sensitive skin too.  

But in my experience, the only face masks that fit loose like you describe, are those that have the elastic loops stretched out too much. The problem with this is, like all the others have mentioned, a loose mask is futile. Regular/cheap cloth face masks themselves don't provide much protection, (see the cross-contamination/germs answer) and loose ones lessen that protection even more. 

You sound like a great candidate for the face shield: a rectangular piece of clear plastic attached to a headband at the top. They look kind of stupid, and futuristic, but they allow you to breathe better, they don't stretch out, and in some cases, they may actually offer more protection than a regular cloth mask. 

The only question is where to find one that won't break the bank! If a face shield isn't an option for you, I would suggest paying a bit more for a good fabric mask, maybe in a larger size. Make sure it's at least mostly cotton, and wash it regularly. It will stretch out a little, and fit your face better as you continue to use it. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

With masks a lot of people do not realize that when they wear them they are constantly touching their faces to adjust , removing after leaving a store over and over or fidgeting with the mask. 

The common person has absolutely no clue about the density of cross contamination and how to properly control that. This alone makes the mask useless. 

Airborne Viruses can linger in the air for hours.They can enter the body through the eyes and infect a person. The mask is not doing any justice. 

Many people are using scarves, home made masks and bandannas.  These types of masks do absolutely nothing. Think of it like throwing a grain of rice through a chain linked fence. 

Besides the health officials that once pushed fear are now admitting that the virus was severely over estimated and that if you are a generally healthy person that your chances of survival are around 98%

There is no reason to be afraid or even spend precious time worrying about covid. Let it go, take the mask off and allow yourself to return to some bit of normalcy 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You could try a face shield, though I'm not sure where you could purchase one. 

• 1 month ago

a space helmet will be the best for you

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

A mask is, by definition, something that touches your face. Wear a face shield if you can't stand the feeling of something on your face. 

• 1 month ago

The point of a mask is to filter all air you g into your lungs.  leaving a gap defeats the entire purpose.

• Good luck with that masks are supposed to touch your face. You're the one who isn't supposed to touch your face.

They also should fit snug across the nose and mouth, to better protect you against covid 19. You're just going to have to get used to the feeling of wearing a mask.

• 1 month ago

Maybe a face shield instead? Wouldn't be snug anywhere, but wouldn't be touching your face.

• Jim
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Then you don't need a mask at all. Do you understand how masks work? Obviously not.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

How insensitive are you? 

• my4
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

How is needing a mask that doesn’t sit directly on the face insensitive 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.