Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

My sister is 44 years old and is pregnant. What should I do?

I know this might sound dumb to some of you, but I am genuinely concerned. She already has four children, they are all happy and healthy and they are in their 20s and teens now. She recently announced to us that she is 5 weeks pregnant, I heard from many doctors that the child will have a much higher chance of it having a birth defect when women get pregnant in their late 30s or 40s. She is excited about the baby, but I am scared for her. Do you think she should get an abortion?

• Paul

"Much higher" chance means a 2% chance instead of a 1% chance. Still no reason to worry.

Stop being a hater, and it doesn't matter what you think. Just encourage her to eat well and excercise, and offer your full support. The baby is already on the way so there's nothing else to do. 44 is not that old as long as she's in good health. You're acting like she's 70 years old. 

Go and troll somewhere else

• Random facts: According to Trump: 'Laziness is a trait in blacks'

Look , i know that you're truly concerned . But you just have to chill out , it's ok . 

Your sister is mature she can make her own decision ...you can really be a great help by supporting her no matter her decision is .

YOU don't need to do anything. This is not YOUR choice, it's your sister's. Period. If she wants this baby, she will have to end up dealing with any issues it may have--and there is just a CHANCE--not a certainty. Stay out of it. It's not your decision. That's what "pro-choice" means--it's the CHOICE of the pregnant woman, not others. 

NO!! Abortion is morally wrong! It doesn't matter how many kids she has. If she can take care of them, then that's what matters. Your sister in her late 40s has nothing to do with still being pregnant. It's best for her to stay relax and stress free so that way the baby can stay healthy.

• tanaty1 month agoReport

it is not morally wrong because the child hasnt taken a breath yet so if she wants to abort it is her chioce not yours or the other family members.  It doesnt matter how many children you have has long as you are capable to do so. i would just let the pregnant lady come up with her own decision

I think she must get an abortion. She must see that she have kids in her twentees and teens and how will society and how will people THINK about her. SUCH things may lead to bully in school and in neighbourhood. I have been seeing such things from past few years and such things affect the elder kids real badly.

One more thing will be there that after a few years she will grow old and and then who will take care of the youngest kid. What if she will be weak and then not able to cOntRol or take care of the kid will look after the baby ?!? Everyone will be and is busy and have a hectic schedule ?!? Who will take care of baby ?!? THINK more, do  discussions and make her belive that giving birth to This child will be a risk upon many things including her health and the kids health. 

Bye TAKE CARE

Step up and pay your child support and stop trying to be such a troll.

Next time use a condom and make sure she takes her BC pill.

Pull OUT sooner.

It's a little narcissistic for you to think that there's anything YOU can DO. It's her body. Just because she's your sister doesn't mean you hold any ownership over her or her decisions. If she's excited for this baby, then be excited with her. Encourage her to take her vitamins. The worst thing you can do is make her feel like you're not supportive. I had to go through my pregnancy with little emotional support from our families and it was frustrating as hell. So don't do that to her. Every pregnancy is a risk regardless of age. But if you feed her negativity, you're gonna make it that much more stressful for her.  

its okay i think