I was recently involved in a car accident that was my fault and I still feel shaken by the whole incident. How do I move forward?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Review the accident. See what took place and why

it happened. Then correct those issues and move on.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Tom
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Chalk it up as an expensive LESSON----And comfort yourself in the fact that you will NEVER do what you did wrong AGAIN.---And be a safer driver for it.

• 4 weeks ago

Let your insurance protect you and repair all the damage. Start by talking with your agent. You bought the service. Now use it.

• 4 weeks ago

been there.it can have impact and make us feel shocked and nervous.however most simply set it aside as part of lifes problems we all encounter  sooner or later.  looks as though you have not got past the 'shock' stage. ideally we need move forward and stop recalling incident. being busy . drive with a friend for a while etc thus several trips with no further incidents will start to have us ease of the stress button.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

You sit yourself down and do some research about how many people are involved in car accidents and what part of that number of MILLLIONS you are--and you put things into perspective. EVERYONE makes mistakes. You move forward by simply MOVING FORWARD.  You're getting obsessed--and if you keep this up, you could put yourself into a state where you'll need medication. 

Of course you're shaken. Of course you are guilty. But be a REALIST. Give it time, and it will fade. 

• Anton
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Acknowledge you screwed up, do not screwup the same way.

Attachment image
  • Scott
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You suck it up and move forward. You made a mistake - accidents happen. 

• Geo
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

As long nobody was killed or seriously injured, just use this as a lesson. You know why the accident happened, so it's easy not to repeat that. And just remember just a momentary lapse of attention is a bad thing. I always glance well ahead of me to anticipate a situation that may be a problem. There is no point of dwelling on the Past, just know that you can do better in the Future.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Stay busy.  Exercise.  Get plenty of sleep.  Get in touch with friends.  Find a new hobby.  Learn a new skill.

• cool
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Start slowly getting used to being in your car. Then try taking a taxi or an Uber, this will help you to feel relaxed in cars. Then ease back into driving on your own again.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.