Network trouble?

My internet has been intermittently disconnecting for the past few months (since the lockdowns started). Every 5 minutes or so the internet will disconnect for about 10 seconds, but the wifi icon on the windows taskbar is not showing the exclamation mark to show that anything is wrong. This is very annoying when trying to play online games! I tried calling my ISP, but unfortunately they were no help.

If you find your internet disconnects and reconnects continuously for all the devices on your network, then you have a connection issue. Such connection issue is usually caused due to some problem with the Cable/DSL modem, Network router or your ISP.

• BigE

The wifi is not the interne.  The wifi is between you and the router, it won't go down even if the connection to the ISP is down.  So that indicates somewhere in your router to the ISP.  You need to look at your router/modem and notice the lights when this happens to see if is the ISP that is resetting or your router is going out to lunch, but most likely it is the ISP dropping.

You can tell from traceroute or mtr output.  I know traceroute has versions on phones, but mtr/winmtr is only linux/mac/windows as far as I know.

you need to ask them to refresh your modem..that usually works