How to access SSTP VPN Server 2016 on a windows 10 from a remote location; that is on a different Internet connection (different network).?

I've been following most of youtube tutorials on how to configure SSTP VPN on Server 2016. Most of the tutorials are in a Virtual Environment and thus they are on the same local network. So I followed most tutorials for my workplace and yes it does work on my work local network (Which is the VPN Server 2016 is on the same network as the VPN Client windows 10).

Now my question is how to connect this same client from a remote location; in this case from a different network (different Internet connection). I've read somewhere that you need to do some port forwarding on your router and use the external IP on the client to connect to VPN Server. This part I couldn't find any tutorial on it anywhere online.

So if anyone here could please explain in detail how to accomplish this.

Thank you.

Best VPN services from https://diadiktiokaiasfalia.com

• P

You would setup your work hardware firewall\router to forward port 443 to the internal ip address\port of the server.  The external ip used would be the external ip of the router itself.   The specific instructions of this would be contained in the help documents of your specific onsite work router\firewall.

• eMTau1 month agoReport

Thank you for response... I did configure my router (not sure if I did it right), even allow 443 ports on VPN Server firewall, but still no luck. Please have a look at my router and help me how to proper configure it:

My router is: D-link DWR-922 (Internet connection via 4G sim)