Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 4 months ago

If I request a mail in ballot can I vote in person?

In my city, Louisville Kentucky, we have have a lot of protest over the last few days which I personally feel could lead to an increase in Covid-19 cases. I have to request the ballot by June 15th, but I would like to vote in person and only in mail if there has been an increase in covid-19 cases. If I request a ballot just in case for mail in voting, will I be able to vote in person if I choose to do so based on the situation locally?

• Clive

Certainly not.  If it works anything like where I am, if you've been sent a ballot paper, you will not be allowed to vote on the day.

• Tmess2

You will want to double-check with your local election authority, but, in most states, requesting a mail-in ballot does not bar you from casting an in-person vote. (After all, something may happen that prevents you from timely returning the ballot.) However, if you return the mail-in ballot, you will not be able to cast an in-person vote.