Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 1 month ago

I honestly think Wi-Fi is useless for Windows 10. I personally think the actual Internet would work better for W10 though. Any thoughts?

I honestly think Wi-Fi isn't enough to protect Windows 10 users from Blue Screens probably caused by Wi-Fi going down, due to Firewall and viruses exploiting the PC whenever Wi-Fi is down at any moments.

And when I say actual Internet, I meant plugging an Ethernet cord/modem next to my computer instead of a small USB-esque Wi-Fi stick.

Wi-Fi may give you the benefits that you would get from regular Internet modem/broadband, but it's not enough to sustain from blue screens when Wi-Fi constantly goes down.

Completely bogus.   Wifi works perfectly on 10. It`s a you problem, not a windows 10 problem.

Wi-Fi works fine for Win10.  My in-home router establishes a Wi-Fi hot spot and my computer's built-in wireless connection handles the network connection to the router.  The only catch is to assure you have a modern enough computer to at least be able to handle the maximum bandwidth on your router's hot spot.

You actually don't care about WiFi being part of the net if you have a secured hot spot.  As long as you have a good router and a good Internet Security suite, you should be OK in terms of viruses and hackers.  They can't hack the WiFi with any value because WiFi has no storage.  They have to hack your computer.

If your WiFi is constantly going down, your problem is either a cheap network adapter or a cheap or defective router hot spot device.  Don't blame Windows for cheap hardware or poor configuration issues.

WiFi is not the internet.  Never was, and never will be.  It is a protocol to wirelessly send data from one device to another.  Ethernet does the same thing but over a wire rather than over the air.

Blue Screens are bad software, not necessarily WiFi. 

Firewall and virus issues do not change with WiFi vs Ethernet.

Ethernet is better for desktop systems IMHO.

• keerok

Err... Actual internet? Regular internet? There is only one world wide web. The internet is just the term we use to identify the largest network on earth. How we access it is irrelevant - wireless or wired. There is only one internet.

Blue screens are errors. If you are able to identify what error exactly is happening, you should be able to fix whatever is causing it. Errors aren't limited to wifi. They also happen with ethernet. You only have to know exactly what you are doing.

• Dze

that wont matter if your going through the same modem lol ... if your having hardware compatibility problems maybe try a different wifi adapter, you know, go for the 15$ model instead of the 2$ ebay special .. ..

maybe you should get something else then