Ethan asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

Why is it so hard being a Las Vegas Raiders fan?

My guess is that it's because they've never been in existence. This year will be a lot easier. In fact I bet the number of Las Vegas fans goes up by the tens of thousands from last year. Probably would put money on it.

I was a Raider fan in the 70s. I stopped being a fan when they moved to LA. Even when they came back, I did not become a fan because I know they may move again. Now that they have moved again, it proves that my hunch was correct. I will never be a Raiders fan again.

They keep moving!  It's hard to establish a fan base when the team moves at least once per generation.

Started in 1960 in the AFL as the Oakland Raiders.

In 1982 they moved to LA

In 1994 they moved back to Oakland

In 2020 they moved to Las Vegas

No other team has moved so often.  The Rams have moved twice, but they were in LA for more than 40 years (then moved back after ~20 years in St Louis).  The Cardinals have also moved twice (also to, and then from, St Louis), but they go all the way back to the beginning of the league in 1920, so they gave it a multi-decade go in each of their first two cities (40 years in Chicago and 28 in St Louis, and now 33 and counting in Arizona).  The Raiders just screw their fan base over whenever they get bored, it seems like.

Management of this team does not know what they are doing!Hasn't for a long time.Grasping at ideas and hopeing to catch lighting in a bottle.

Management hasn't assembled a competetive team in years.

When did the Oakland raiders move to Las Vegas?!!

• D.E.B.S.

They start there this coming season. Should have been earlier but the stadium wasn't finished.

Depending on your age, accustomed to calling them the Oakland and/or L.A. Raiders

Hahaha hahaha. "Las Vegas Raiders" hahahahahahahaha 

I dunno, are the hookers and casinos too distracting?

Because both the city and the team suck.