Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

Need hope 😔?

My outdoor cat that only comes in at night has been missing for 11 days. This is not really a question. I would just like to hear some positive stories about your cat coming back home after so many days of being out on their own. I do not want to think negatively. I'm heartbroken right now 💔

Go cry and piss yourself in the corner.

Dont lose the hope.

Ask around and look for it and check the shelters.

Cats is more flexible than dogs so they have more chance of survival.

When your cat come you'd better keep her indoor.

Good luck

Ps: if you need cat tree cat cube cat scratching please have a look on cupets cat tree. 

Hi, I have some advice. So far everyone I've shared it with has gotten their cat back.

Your cat could very well still be alive!

I know it seems like a long time to be out there, but those instincts to hide in a scary place work wonders.

Easiest things is get that cat's litterbox outside, especially if it hasn't been cleaned.

Cats can sense where they have marked for miles. A dirty litterbox will help your cat feel safe enough when near home to start making appearances.

Try putting out your cat's favorite thing to lay on, or an article of their favorite person's clothes.

Put out food and water, your cat is likely scared and needs to work up the courage to come out.

If your cat is to skittish to allow itself to be let inside or picked up, ask animal control to deploy a cat cage trap for you. They will often to it for free. Some animal shelters post pictures of strays they find, but mostly cats don't get picked up by animal control unless asked to, they're seen as less of a problem. Dogs are reported pretty quickly, so usually with a cat you have plenty of time.

I think that's everything.

Try to keep track of the food you put out and see if you notice a difference.

Good luck, you can do this.

• ZotsRule
      4 weeks agoReport

Um, the cat has been gone for 11 DAYS.  Dead cats don't come home.  They also posted this ANONYMOUSLY so they likely never even owned a cat.

my dad used to be a maitnence man at a hostel so we had a room there rent free, and we had a sweet cat that we still have. we lived on the fourth flooor and people would leave the window at the end of the hall open to smoke. the cat would sometimes get on the roof and we would have to go get him. one time we couldnt find him any where. for three days. i looked everywhere . i thought he fell of the roof but i couldnt find his body. word got around that we were looking for our cat and it turns out another person living there found him on the 3rd floor and took him to their room and planned to adopt him. it is very possible some one else found your cat and is taking care of him and would give them back if they knew it was your cat :)

CHeck shelters and ask around, cats are resilliant but 11 days could signify a problem. If you want to remain positive then get out there and look. 

• patty

is the cat microchipped? Maybe ring local vets. Put up flyers

my Mothers cat went missing for 17 days and then, magically came home like nothing ever happened"..don't ever give up hope on them. they are very resilient species".

I had a cat years ago that had been missing for quite sometime. Someone in my neighbourhood had taken him in and eventually we were reunited with him! So there is some hope. I do hope your fur baby comes home for you!

This is why cats belong indoors.

You cat was likely shot, trapped, poisoned, hit by car or mauled by another animal.

Thats a risk you chose when you allowed your cat to go outdoors.   You could have opted to get cat trees, potted cat grass, window perches and interactive toys to give your cat some indoor enrichment instead of doing it the lazy way and letting the cat roam.

I have little sympathy for people who let their pets be exposed to potential dangers then act like victims when their pet dies or dissapears.

• Nekkid Truth!

Well those people are WRONG.   Its more cruel to intentionally expose your pet to potential dangers.

This isnt kindergarden.  Its life.   Maybe the next cat she gets she will learn and keep it indoors.

My boyfriend had a tuxedo cat that went missing once. Someone found him and call my boyfriend about his cat back. His cat died last year. 

I'm sure your cat will make his way home to you. Don't give up hope.