Is there any way to isolate a sound in pre recorded audio?

I have a recording of my cats purs a little before he had to be put to rest. In the background of his purs the audio from the tv is very clear, is it possible to isolate and lower or even get rid of the sounds of the tv to hear the purs clearer? All imput would be appreciated. Thank you.

There are professional mixing programs that will allow you to cut out sounds that are higher or lower than a certain frequency.  Meaning you could cut out anything that is higher than highest sound your cat makes, or lower than the lowest sound your cat makes.  But you can not remove sounds that are in the same range is your cat's purr.  

The programs cost hundreds of dollars and require you to have some experience in using them.

• Jess1 month agoReport

Ok thank you one day then 

It would be like trying to take the sugar out of a chocolate bar. 

Sophisticated audio filters (by frequencies) can enhance some sounds while limiting others.

• Jess1 month agoReport

Thank you, do you know what software I could use to do that