Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 1 month ago

Am I delusional or does my back not seem normal? Looks crooked and might be too outwardly curved to me. What do you think?

I think I might have spondy and or scoliosis. I’ve been telling my parents this because I feel like Im always leaning on one side and my back hurts when I sleep and exercise. They won’t believe me tho so I haven’t been able to get checked. So am I being delusional or does it not seem normal?

Your spine seems to have a slight curvature based on this photo (appearing to be convex to the left). Starting from the waist going upwards, you can see how the spine shifts a bit to the left, then back to the right. Another hint is the presence of asymmetrical skin folds on your sides.

That being said, a slight scoliosis is not necessarily a problem. However, if you are feeling back pain, you should get it checked out by a trusted physical therapist (physiotherapist) to determine your treatment options.

A scoliosis can be "functional" or "structural". If it's a "functional" scoliosis, it means that the curvature can be corrected once the underlying cause is determined (ex. muscle imbalances, leg length discrepancy, etc.). If it's a "structural" scoliosis, the goal would mainly be to prevent it from getting worse. Either way, a good physical therapist should be able to determine which type it is, and what the plan for you would be.

Hope that helps.

Source(s): I’m a registered physical therapist
  • Lili

See an orthopedist, for God's sake!

Are you seriously so stupid that you ask for medical advice HERE?!!

Your back appears normal, but your obesity is a cause for deep concern.

Yea, definitely something wrong with it.  Better get it checked out asap.

• Will.

Your back looks normal. You should leave it alone and focus on losing a bit of weight.

Looks normal to me but without being rude if you lost some weight it would make back look slimmer

treadmill benefits

• kelvin

you are beyond paranoid and delusional

• Tavy

Dead straight. My niece has scoliosis  and you can see the bend, yours is normal.

Looks normal to me.