If using a bifold door for guest bathroom how does it close from inside. Knobs on both sides?

I would not used a louvered door for a bedroom or bathroom as it serves zero sound barriers. Use a solid bifold paneled door if there is enough room without having to squeeze through the passage opening, as a bifold door will take up about 3 to 4 inches of space in the open position.

I would attempt to fix the pocket door as my first option.

However, a bifold door can work. We installed a 36" bifold door in a small bedroom atop a set of steps. We partially submerged "bin" handle on the inside to create a low profile handle, with a hook and eye lock. That was 30 years ago ant it still works perfectly.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I have a pocket door now and frequently comes off the track. I either need a new track and ball bearing wheels or replace the door. Not enough room for a traditional door so I thought a plantation louver bi-fold might work. It would match the closet down the hall way. It is a guest bathroom. A knob on both sides, one for opening and one for shutting inside.  A simple latch lock would work. Yes?

It's not meant to be operated from both sides Your most likely will or someone will get pinched from the inside 

Use a lock on the inside so guest can slide to lock.

Yes you add a knob inside. And put a hook inside so it can lock :)

• Assahola
      4 weeks agoReport

Yeah but a bifold door was not meant to be operated from both sides The pocket door makes the most sense the bifold won't last 

• Sandy

try making a pocket door. they can lock.

• John Alden

Perhaps she does not want to rip apart her wall to do this.