Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 1 month ago

Attacking Others For Not Sharing The Same Beliefs?

Is there a word, phrase, or sentence that defines the act of "attacking someone whose beliefs don't fall in line with yours"? 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Yes. Fascism or bigotry. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • ron h
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

We have to be careful with your concept. While everyone has a right to seek their own answers, not all answers are respectable.  Our daily lives (particularly currently) are full of lies and distortion.  We must respect others' search for truth, but but reject bad thinking and untruth.   Sometimes we have to "agree to disagree" but if lies and distortion will affect me or others, resistance may be needed.

• 1 month ago

Purging (as in purging hyretical beliefs)

• RP
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There a multitude of these, but disagree, dispute, and conflict are among the most common.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Opinions are just that. Those that refuse to accept a person's opinion that is based on facts rather than a false narrative that they believe in are simply living in ignorance and a state of denial. About half the country seems to be suffering from this very problem. I'll leave it to you to decide which half I'm referring to. Hopefully you're smart enough to figure it out. Just remember, " You're entitled to your opinion but you aren't entitled to your own facts".

• ...Show all comments
    • David B.
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Larry K; The question didn't limit my answer to one word, but if it will satisfy you, bigotry is a simple one-word answer. However, a person that is a bigot doesn't necessarily attack those with whom they disagree with. So it seemed to me that the answer deserves a more detailed answer.

• Susie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

“Liberal”..............they are suppressing others right to free speech, make threats of violence when you don’t “fall in line”. Twist things, lie, and will use anything to cause chaos.  So “liberal” is the best word that  I can think of that covers all that.  My son is a liberal and disagreed on one issue with a fellow liberal. That person got online and tried to defame my son and ruin his business. Liberal leaders have created the perfect “weapon” to oppress the opponent. 

• Larry K.
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Perhaps you should look up the meaning of liberal, Susie. The first definition is: willing to respect behavior or opinions different from your own!!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Religious freedom.

@Larry, "Is there a word, phrase, or sentence that defines the act of "attacking someone whose beliefs don't fall in line with yours"? 

Doesn't have to be one word according to the rules of the asker.

@Larry "bigot noun a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions."

Sounds like religious freedom to me!

• ...Show all comments
    • Larry K.
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Good grief! I suppose I'll be branded a snob but no one has answered your question as of this writing. There best word I can come up with is a bigot. Am I the only one who knows the meaning of the word?

• 1 month ago

In today's world, "peaceful protesting".  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.