Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 1 month ago

Would you suspect foul play? Some rich man dies and leave you... $300 from his insurance?

You know him and you worked with him for years, turns out when he died he leaves you.... $300 that came from his insurance.

Would you suspect foul play? Or would it be normal?

Update:

No dude. Im saying if hes rich is it foul play that someone got a heck of a lot more money than $300?

Could somebody tampered with the insurance? You really said that I kill someone over 300 dollars?

Update 2:

Its like people dont think anymore before they comment.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • fcas80
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Normally one does not deposit a check from someone one does not know because this could be a scam.  But if this is a legitimate insurance company, and do a Google search of them to be sure, then don't worry about it.  Maybe this boss just liked you.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • car253
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There could be foul play.   But there could also not be foul play.    It is very hard to tamper with insurance.   You have to go through either an insurance agent or the insurance company to make any changes in the beneficiary.   And, they want to know what relationship you are to the insured.   And, if you are just a friend they want to know why you want to leave money to your friend.   Insurance agents and companies screen out for foul play.  It is not the easy to get away with foul play.    And, insurance fraud or a crime is a crime.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Erik
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Foul play as in he was murdered?  Who would murder someone over $300?  Besides, it's YOU... Did you murder him somehow?

When my great-aunt and great-uncle died, they didn't leave me a penny.  They were living on a mountain of money too.  Even a hundred would have been enough to know that they cared, but they didn't.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.