Why is not possible to edit a question?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Because if people answer your question, then you decide to edit it, you could easily make their answers wrong, then THEY could get unfairly reported.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because Yahoo Answers has never had that future for some reason. Makes no sense. 

• 1 month ago

I don't know, it would be great.

• Sharon
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Questions cannot be edited. All you can do is add addtional info under 'Edit', or if it has no answers delete it and write it again.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can Add to your Question you just cant Remove what was already Posted and Yahoo has that Policy Because they dont want people misusing the Question Format 

People can Easily write things that are against the Rules and use it and Hide them Self's and make it look like they never did it Yahoo does not want people doing that 

• 1 month ago

You can add updates to show any changes you want. Use desktop mode and click edit under the question. Pure editing is not allowed for a simple reason. Trolls would highly abuse the feature. Say you asked a question about "Trump" and got 20 answers. Then you edit the question to fix the spelling from "Trump" to "Obama". You can see the havoc that would occur.

• You can not edit a question and you can not delete a question if someone has answered it.  Verizon Media/Yahoo is afraid you will change the meaning of the question after someone has answered it.  You would think they at least let you correct spelling and grammar errors, but no.  All you can do is update to correct anything.  This is part of Verizon Media Terms of Service which we all had to agree to.  They own the rights to this question.  They hope someday they can sell it to a search engine and make money from it.

• 1 month ago

The reason you cannot edit a posted question is so you cannot change the question and turn all the legitimate answers into wrong inaccurate misinforming answers or non answers that you and/or others then report to get revenge on the answers or people you do not agree with or do not like. This is EXACTLY what happened before Yahoo UT this policy into effect in 2013. 

• 1 month ago

I don't know. Normally you can.

UPDATE: Maybe you can only add more details underneath, as I rarely ask questions on here, but I see people adding updates under their questions all the time. Or you can probably delete it, and re-ask, but you might lose more points.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.