How long did the protests with Rodney King go on for?

A week. But 63 people were killed and 2,383+ people seriously injured, so when you got that kind of death toll being racked up, it kind of puts a damper on any further ideas of having more "protests," let alone, be able to convince anybody they'll be "peaceful."

Every time I'd see more protests and looting and destruction all over the country this past week, I was surprised at how few deaths there's been. I remember watching the 92 LA riots on TV which was mostly all being video'd from helicopters since too dangerous for reporters on the ground, and there were just sounds of constant shooting from semi-automatic rifles. It was like an all out war. I guess towards the beginning of the protests, a gun store got looted and then they went to Korea town, and many of the Korean business owners were former military who also were armed, so it was totally nuts...

Not long enough, apparently.